IBTS obtains non-individualized, generic information about your visit to our Web Sites. Like most standard web servers, our Web Sites use log files, web beacons, also called a “single-pixel gif” that allows us to count page views and to access cookies on your computer. Cookies are small pieces of data which are sent by a web site to your web browser and are stored on your computer. Your browser has an option to accept, reject or provide you with notice when a cookie is sent. Data derived from the cookies is aggregated and used by us for statistical tracking purposes. We use this information to understand general traffic patterns on our Web Sites and to gauge and improve our Web Sites’ effectiveness. The data is not used for individual identification and we in no way relate your personal information to these traffic pattern statistics.
OBTAINING AND PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please note that the only individualized information that we obtain about you through our Web Sites is information you voluntarily supply. If you voluntarily provide personal information to us, we will guard the personal information you share with us to ensure that the content and services we provide on our Web Sites are always tailored to your current, designated preferences, and will only use that information to fulfill the purpose for which it was supplied to us. When you provide IBTS with your name, email address, and/or telephone number we may use this information to alert you to company news, new services and other company information. We do not sell any user-provided information to third parties.
For certain Web Site functions, such as creating an account for using our career opportunities, we may request certain personally identifiable information from you. You will be asked to voluntarily provide contact information (such as name, email, and address). We use this information for processing your registration and may use this information to contact you.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the sensitivity of the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
IBTS will always protect the personal information that you share with us. All such information is stored internally in a controlled, secure environment according to accepted industry standards. We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on our behalf, including sending postal mail and processing event registrations. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
Though we make every effort to preserve your privacy, we may need to disclose personal information when required by law when we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to comply with a current judicial proceeding, a court order or legal process served on our company or Web Sites.
Unless otherwise indicated, our Web Sites and their contents, including but not limited to all text, HTML code, CGI scripts, graphics, button images, and the site design and “look and feel,” are the property of Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) and are protected pursuant to U.S. and foreign copyright and trademark laws. By accessing any of our Web Sites, you agree to the following terms and conditions, which govern all of our Web Sites:
1. This Web Site and the material on this Web Site may not be modified, copied, distributed, republished, downloaded, uploaded or commercially exploited in any manner without the prior written consent of Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS), except that you are permitted to download a copy of any of the materials on this Web Site on a single computer for personal noncommercial use, provided no copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices are removed. You may not store any content or downloads on any network or other information and data storage or retrieval system without obtaining prior permission from us. No intellectual property or other rights in or to this Web Site or its contents are transferred to you.
2. The information on this Web Site is provided solely for illustrative purposes and does not create any business, contractual or employment relationship.
3. THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ’AS IS’ AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. INSTITUTE FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY (IBTS) DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEB SITE AND THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEB SITE. INSTITUTE FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY (IBTS) ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE ON THIS WEB SITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
4. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL INSTITUTE FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY (IBTS) BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF INSTITUTE FOR BUILDING TECHNOLOGY AND SAFETY (IBTS) HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEB SITE OR THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEB SITE.
5. This Web Site may contain links to other web sites not owned by us. We do not regularly review materials on web sites linked to this Web Site and do not necessarily endorse the materials appearing on any linked web sites. We assume no responsibility for the content or the privacy policies and practices of such other web sites. You are encouraged to read the privacy statements and legal notices of these linked sites, as they may differ from this Web Site.
6. Except as may be permitted in the blog section message forum, or on community sites such as Facebook.com and YouTube.com, you are not permitted to post any content, or material on this Web Site, or to create a link from this Web Site.. Any content or links you may be permitted to post can be removed at our discretion.
7. We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. Use of this Web Site following any such changes shall constitute acceptance of such changes.