April 08, 2010 – Bastrop, LA : The Morehouse Parish Police Jury in Bastrop, Louisiana has awarded an agreement to the Louisiana Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS) to provide Building Code Department services that include the following:
- Functioning as the Building Official for the parish.
- Assisting citizens will questions and the permitting process.
- Performing plan reviews on all residential and commercial structures.
- Conducting structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and energy inspections on all residential and commercial structures.
- Reviewing and revising all building code department ordinances as necessary, to ensure they are compliant with state requirements.
- Approving all permits for issuance by the Parish.
- Approving all Certificates of Occupancy for issuance by the Parish.
- Implementing Building Code Department software for tracking.
- Ensuring that all National Flood Insurance Program requirements are blended and complied with during the Plan Review process.
- Reviewing third party provider (TPP) plan reviews and inspections for compliance.
- Compiling and archiving all the necessary documentation.
- Implementing an electronic drawing review and approval process.
- Performing electronic data backup.
Morehouse Parish recently signed a contract with IBTS for flood plain management services and realized the most efficient process of mitigating their NFIP Program was to combine it with the Building Code Department services Morehouse needed. Morehouse chose IBTS because IBTS appointed Larry Walters, a Certified Flood Plain Manager as well as a Certified Building Official with over 15 years of experience in the engineering/construction industry. By combining these two services, Morehouse now has developed a “one-stop-shop” company that can handle all of these services at one time, during the plan review process. In addition to having all these services under one roof, Morehouse was pleased to learn that IBTS would have the services fully operational on April 1, 2010, causing no delays in permitting for their citizens.
IBTS has appointed Greg Blount, Louisiana Branch Manager, and Larry Walters, Louisiana IBTS Building Official, to function as the primary staff for this project. Mr. Walters will act as the Certified Building Official for the project, while Mr. Blount will be responsible for policy, client satisfaction and overall management of the contract.
Market Engagement Program Director