June 18, 2012 – Ashburn, VA:
The National League of Cities is one of the five associations that govern IBTS. A member of our Board of Directors is Henrietta Davis, the Mayor of Cambridge, Massachusetts. Ms. Davis is also a member of the NLC.
This webinar is free to attend.
Streamlining Code Compliance
TIME: 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The national model for building energy codes* has the potential of making homes and businesses up to 30% more energy efficient thus lowering energy bills and saving money. Unfortunately studies have indicated that compliance with these codes is as low as 16% and many jurisdictions struggle to obtain a 50% compliance rate.
This webinar will present strategies cities can use to streamline – and thus increase – code compliance. These strategies, including the use of technology, serve to remove duplication and create more efficient administrative procedures thus allowing staff to focus on thorough plan review and the inspections that are crucial to improving compliance rates;
* International Energy Conservation Code and ASHRAE Standard 90.1
- Ryan Meres, Code Compliance Specialist, Institute for Market Transformation
- Diane Schwartz Jones, Director of Permitting Services, Montgomery County, MD
- Reginald T. Jetter, Dept. of Permitting Services, Montgomery County, MD
- Greg Blount, Local Government Solutions Manager, Institute for Building Technology and Safety
For more informaiton and to register for this event, please visit the NLC site here: