Our team of architects, engineers, inspectors, planners, emergency management professionals, and certified floodplain managers can help your community develop preventive and corrective measures to reduce the risk of flooding.
IBTS’s team of experts bring professional and technical expertise and resources to help your community navigate the requirements for zoning, building codes, and special-purpose floodplain ordinances, ensuring that you are well-prepared for any flood.
Services and Capabilities
- Providing a turnkey floodplain management solution for jurisdictions that are members of the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP)
- Conducting floodplain assessments and supporting building service department operations
- Conducting flood zone determinations
- Verifying the adequacy of a floodway
- Verifying non-residential structures are flood-proof
- Managing the paperwork required by any flood plain program, including elevation certificate tracking, photo management, building permit/flood permit integration, web-based management, map printing (including DFIRMs), and electronic data backup
- Supporting enforcement and compliance verification
- Assisting with the community rating system and flood insurance rate maps
- Reviewing and revising established floodplain ordinances to ensure they meet FEMA requirements