The Start Toward a Recovery Today (STaRT) program includes a variety of services that provide the resources and expertise communities need to alleviate the immediate burden of the unknown during disaster recovery. Keeping the end goal in mind from the beginning results in a faster recovery process for all those affected by natural disasters.
Having successfully administered billions of dollars in Community Development Block Grant – Disaster Recovery (CDBG-DR) funding, IBTS has developed clear and effective processes to help communities compliantly maneuver through the federal funding process.
STaRT Program Services:
- Educate local officials on Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), Small Business Administration (SBA), and CDBG-DR regulations
- Outreach and intake efforts
- Provide grant management advice to maximize reimbursements of disaster recovery expenses
- Review of local ordinances that may hinder recovery
- Assist local officials in understanding and documenting eligible FEMA and CDBG-DR projects
- Provide the needed assistance that is requested by local officials to maximize success in their recovery
The STaRT program offers pro bono services to a limited number of communities per year.